09/07/2004 - 0.1.0 Initial release
* gui control
* can use a remote
* playback of any xine-lib playable file
mp3, ogg, dvd, divx, vcd, etc
* scrolling of title and artist during music playback
* time played
* dvd navigation
* detection of cd type
* uses directory playlist structure
* small executable - less than 100kb
* a compact linux multimedia system with dfbcar can be less then 25mb
* my system boots in 25secs from when i push the on button to playback
Get Latest Release Here
DFBCar is a lightweight directfb program geared towards
use in a car on small lcd screens. This system uses xine-lib,
so it has the ability to play any media file xine can.
This program provides an embedded multimedia system.
Check directfb.org to see if you have an improved graphics
driver for the framebuffer.
This was developed on an epia-m 10000 ezra
Playing dixv files used 50% cpu and dvd used 70-80%
Right now there is no mpeg2 hardware acceleration for framebuffer
in this program
This program is a combination of code from other programs: oxine,
df_xine included in DirectFB-extra cvs, cdde for cd checking.
vesafb at least in the kernel